High-Speed, High Capacity Network
The CyrusOne Lombard/Chicago data center resides 20 miles west of the heart of downtown Chicago and close to O’Hare International Airport.
Built to top-tier standards, this facility boasts two diverse and redundant utility power feeds, and an N+1 configuration on generator power. The facility offers biometric and key card security for some of the most demanding security and regulatory needs.
A high-speed, high capacity network connection is available directly to downtown Chicago’s telecommunications hub, providing a strong network offering to accommodate customers with specific latency and/or replication needs.
See Other Illinois Data Centers:
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX, customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud – at no additional cost.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Chicago data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers.
Highlights of the Data Center in Chicago – Lombard
- Fire Protection
- 60,000 sq. ft. data center / 14,000 sq. ft. raised floor white space
- Expansion space available for custom data halls or office space
- SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 150 wpsf
- Carrier-neutral, as well as dark-fiber connectivity option
- Separate cable tray for fiber and copper
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support.
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, N+1)
- 9 MW of critical capacity
- Both a 1.5MW and a 2MW transformer
- 150kVA PDUs with single feed
- Scalable 2.4 MW Cummins dedicated generators
- 8,000 gallon site capacity.
- 24 and 36-inch raised floor design
- N+1 cooling configuration
- Glycol cooling loop
- Utilizes CRAC unit with 420 ton cooling capacity.
- Biometric security scans
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior of facility
- Biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dual action
interlocking dry-pipe system.
- 20 minute drive to Chicago O’Hare Airport
- 10 National Chain Hotels within one mile
- 20 miles west of the heart of downtown Chicago.
Certifications & Audits
PR & Downloads
- April 30th, 2014 – Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne Earns ISO 27001 Certification for its U.S. Data Centers
- May 16th, 2013 – Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches National Internet Exchange
- October 22nd, 2012 – Data Center Colocation Provider CyrusOne Solves Today’s IT Executive Concerns Head On
- September 18th, 2012 – GLOBAL DATA CENTER SERVICES PROVIDER CYRUSONE IMPROVES COOLING EFFICIENCY, SECURITY, AND PRIVACY FOR CUSTOMERS
- February 17th, 2016 – CyrusOne Sponsors Ponemon Institute Research Report on IT Outsourcing
- September 9th, 2015 – Global Colocations Solutions Provider CyrusOne Launches Virtual Tour of North Cincinnati Data Center
- August 24th, 2015 – Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne to Sponsor NCS Madison’s CIO Strategy Meeting
- Chicago Data Center Spec Sheet
- CyrusOne National Internet Exchange (IX)
- Using the CyrusOne National IX
Proud member of the Illinois Technology Association
CyrusOne Chicago Data Center – Lombard
Address1850 Springer Drive
Lombard, IL 60148