CyrusOne’s Houston West data center is located 20 minutes west of downtown Houston just off Beltway 8 between I-10 and 290. It is strategically positioned with access to significant and redundant utility power feeds and access to the fastest and most reliable telecommunications networks, as it is located along a major fiber corridor in Houston.
Military-Grade Physical Security
The hardened facility is outside the FEMA 500 year flood plain and features a reinforced roof and concrete walls. The Houston West data center facility boasts significant physical security features including perimeter fencing, dual authentication, biometric access systems, and 24×7 security guards. It also incorporates CyrusOne’s sophisticated building management systems designed to proactively monitor all of the mechanical and electrical systems in the building.
CyrusOne’s Houston Data Center Built to Exceed
CyrusOne’s Houston West data center campus is the largest digital energy campus for the oil and gas industry in Houston and a geophysical center of excellence for seismic exploration computing. With the healthcare industry forecasted to see 800% growth in data storage over the next 5 years, the Houston data center is built to scale. Two new buildings have brought the site to nearly 1,000,000 square feet.
The Houston West data center is expected to meet Platinum LEED certification standards by optimizing energy, which can pass along considerable operating expense saving to customers.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX, customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Houston data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
Houston – West I Virtual Tour
CyrusOne’s Houston West data center features a 300,000 sq. ft. campus, military-grade physical security and is strategically positioned with access to significant and redundant utility power feeds and access to the fastest and most reliable telecommunications networks.
Highlights of the Data Center in Houston West – I
- Fire Protection
- 162,000 sq. ft. data center / 112,000 sq. ft. of raised white floor
- SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA
- CyrusOne Facilities are designed to meet TIA-942 requirements for electrical and mechanical.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 250 watts per square foot with the ability to support over 1,000 wpsf
- Efficient, divisible floor plates
- Extra layer of physical security including hurricane shutters, extra diesel on-site, outside of flood zone
- Carrier-neutral, as well as dark-fiber connectivity option
- Part of CyrusOne National IX
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available
- Oil and gas, as well as healthcare and medical colocation options.
- 28MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, 2N)
- 300kVA dual input PDUs with automatic transfer switches
- Dual input PDUs with static transfer switches
- Scalable 2.25 MW Detroit Diesel dedicated generators pre-wired for additional capacity
- 3,300 belly tank each plus an added 6,000 gallon external tank for every two generators.
- 42-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stultz 70-ton CRAH units with electronically communicated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly efficient multiple EPAK 500 ton chillers with fast restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors
- Ability to scale as density increases
- Redundant water feeds with 70,000 gallon on-site storage tank and city well.
- Reinforced physical structure including concrete bollards, steel-lined walls for security, and bullet resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, revolving entrance doors; biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dualaction
interlocking dry-pipe system.
- Centrally located to dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities.
Certifications & Audits
PR & Downloads
- April 30th, 2014 – Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne Earns ISO 27001 Certification for its U.S. Data Centers
- January 21st, 2014 – Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne First to Receive Multi-Site Data Center Certification from Open-IX Association in North America
- December 17th, 2013 – Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Supercharges Seismic Exploration Computing with Ultra-High-Density Power Environment at Houston Data Center Campus
- May 16th, 2013 – Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches National Internet Exchange
- August 6th, 2012 – Global Data Center Provider CyrusOne Expands Houston West
- December 1st, 2011 – CyrusOne Infrastructure-as-a-Service Offering ‘Best Choice’ for Tradentrix Cloud Computing Customers
- May 19th, 2011 – CyrusOne Unveils Expansion Plans of its LEED® Silver Certified Houston Data Center
- June 16th, 2006 – CyrusOne Unveils Dallas Data Center
- February 16th, 2004 – CyrusOne Expands Business Relationship with Dynegy
- July 18th, 2014 – Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches Virtual Tour of Houston West II Data Center
- November 11th, 2015 – CyrusOne Commences Construction of New Data Hall at Facility in Dallas, Texas