High Performance Computing & Disaster Recovery
Located in the Met Center business park, CyrusOne’s 45,000 square foot Austin data center is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, production and disaster recovery solutions. CyrusOne’s office space offers a unique solution for disaster recovery and business continuity by combining space for people as well as computer systems.
Conveniently located just 7 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, the Austin data center is surrounded by access to well-appointed hotels and several restaurants.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX (Internet Exchange), customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud – at no additional cost.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Austin data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
Highlights of the Data Center in Austin – Met I
- 45,000 sq. ft. data center / 17,000 sq. ft. raised white floor
- SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA, concurrently maintainable design
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 250 wpsf with the ability to support over 1,000 wpsf
- Carrier-neutral and part of CyrusOne Texas IX (Internet Exchange)
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available.
- Can accommodate up to 9MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, 2N)
- Diverse power delivered by two independent circuits
- Dual input PDUs with static transfer switches
- Scalable 2.25 MW Detroit Diesel dedicated generators pre-wired for additional capacity
- 3,300 belly tank each plus an added 6,000 gallon external tank for every two generators.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stultz CRAH units with electronically commutated (EC) variable-speed fans.
- Reinforced physical structure including concrete bollards, steel-lined walls for security, and bullet resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior of each facility
- On-site security guards 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, revolving entrance doors; biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners
- Perimeter fence.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dual action interlocking dry-pipe system.
- 7 minutes from Austin International Airport.