CyrusOne’s San Antonio Data Center I is positioned centrally in Texas, away from natural disaster zones, and touts some of the most seismically stable soil in the U.S. The stable power grid makes it an ideal place to locate the high performance computing facilities for which CyrusOne is known.
First Enterprise Data Center in San Antonio
CyrusOne’s 83,000 sq. ft. San Antonio data center is the first enterprise colocation data center established by any provider in this market.
With some of the lowest power cost in the country, this San Antonio data center facility can scale up to 20 megawatts of power from multiple substations.
Conveniently Located in a Data Center Safe Zone
San Antonio is positioned centrally in Texas, away from natural disaster zones, and touts some of the most seismically stable soil in the U.S. The stable power grid makes it an ideal place to locate the high performance computing facilities for which CyrusOne is known.
It is situated on over 10 acres of land and conveniently located in the Westover Hills area with easy access to major highways, the airport, hotels, and restaurants.
Trusted by Fortune 1000 Companies
Many Fortune 1000 companies look to leverage CyrusOne’s San Antonio data center for their primary production as well as their disaster recovery environments.
The data center is engineered to CyrusOne’s standard fully redundant (2N) power architecture, supporting high density server environments of 250 watts per square foot or more. The facility is fed by redundant power lines and multiple network providers. In addition to being the most advanced data center in the San Antonio area, the facility also offers customer’s Class A office space to enable their employees to be located in the same facility.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX (Internet Exchange), customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this San Antonio data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
Highlights of the Data Center in San Antonio – I
- 83,000 sq. ft. data center/ 44,000 sq. ft. raised floor
- SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA, TIA 942 Class 4
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 250 watts per square foot with the ability to support over 1,000 wpsf
- Wholesale and retail colocation options
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available
- Only enterprise rated datacenter in the city
- Low cost of power in this market
- Low risk from disasters including hurricanes, tornados and earthquakes
- Land and Building owned, not leased
- Carrier-neutral, as well as dark-fiber connectivity option
- Part of CyrusOne Texas IX (Internet Exchange)
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 remote hands support.
- 12 MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, 2N)
- 150–200+ watts per SF
- Two 200 MW substations provide power to the site
- Regulated utility provider – CPS Energy
- 300kVA dual input PDUs with static transfer switches
- Scalable 2.25 MW Detroit Diesel dedicated generators pre-wired for additional capacity
- 5,000 gallon belly tank per generator.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Closed loop chilled water cooling design
- Utilizing Stulz 100-ton CRAH units with electronically communicated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly efficient multiple 500 ton Trane chillers with fast restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors.
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, revolving entrance doors; biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dualaction
interlocking dry-pipe system.
- 30,000 sq. ft. office space
- Gordon grid dropdown ceiling
- 17 miles from San Antonio International Airport
- Minutes to major hotels and chain restaurants.