High Demand for More Data Center Space
CyrusOne purchased 14 acres of property in Northern Virginia, in the Loudoun Tech Center. The new data center in Sterling, Virginia extends CyrusOne’s presence to the East Coast and will be used to meet existing and new customer demand for data center space in the region.
The Loudoun Tech Center has superior fiber connectivity options due to its direct access to one of the largest Internet Exchange Points in the country. The area also has some of the lowest energy rates on the East Coast.
CyrusOne expects the first phase of the new site to be completed during 2014.
New State-of-the-Art Facility
Upon completion, the new facility is expected to:
- Accommodate a shell of approximately 400,000 square feet
- Provide up to 240,000 square feet of raised floor space
- Offer 36,000 square feet of Class A office space
- Deliver up to 48 megawatts of critical load.
The first phase of construction will include a 129,000-square-foot shell with 60,000 square feet of raised floor space, 16,000 square feet of office space, and 12 MW of critical load.
Massively Modular® Engineering
CyrusOne’s Massively Modular data center engineering is specifically designed to achieve optimal flexibility for even the largest scale deployment and build out.
CyrusOne can build out new data halls in just 12-16 weeks through aggressive sourcing and a just-in-time focus to meet customer demand.
The Massively Modular model frees customers from being confined by time, space, and/or flexibility constraints often found in other data center providers.
Highlights of the Data Center in Northern Virginia – Sterling
- 420,000 sq. ft. campus at full build / 129,000 sq. ft. Phase 1
- Planned – SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA, TIA 942 Class 4
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 200 watts/sf with the ability to support over 1,000 watts/sf.
- Efficient, divisible floor plates
- Carrier-neutral facility
- 100% Uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available.
- Up to 48MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within the same footprint (i.e. N, Distributed Redundant, 2N, or a combination)
- Dual-Input PDUs with Static Transfer Switches (STS’s)
- 2.25MW dedicated diesel generators
- 6,000-gallon belly tanks for each generator (supports critical load for 48-hours) with diverse refueling agreements.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stulz 200-ton CRAH units with electronically communicated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly-efficient 500-ton Trane chillers with rapid restart and adaptive controlled microprocessors
- Ability to scale as density increases in an N+1 central plant design and an N+2 air-side design.
- Reinforced physical structure including perimeter fence with sliding entry and exit gates
- Secure entry with man traps and security monitoring area comprised of steel-lined walls for
security, and bullet resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- Man traps, biometric and key card (color-coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system, sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zoned dual-action, interlocking dry-pipe sprinkler system.
- Conveniently located near dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities
- Ten minutes from Dulles International Airport and 30 minutes from Ronald Reagan Washington Airport.