CyrusOne’s 670,000-square-foot data center in Dallas/Carrollton is the largest facility of its kind in the state and one of the most energy-efficient in the United States. In addition, the Carrollton data center also houses the infrastructure and 911-dispatch center for Carrollton, Coppell, Farmers Branch, and Addison, Texas. The communities have consolidated 911 services to form the North Texas Emergency Communications Center (NTECC).
Highest Power Capacity & Lowest PUE in Texas
One of the most energy-efficient data centers in the United States, the Dallas data center is designed to deliver 60 megawatts of power capacity and power usage effectiveness (PUE) expected to be the best in the Texas data center market.
Massively Modular® Engineering
CyrusOne’s Massively Modular data center engineering is specifically designed to achieve optimal flexibility for even the largest scale deployment and build out.
CyrusOne can build out new data halls in just 12-16 weeks through aggressive sourcing and a just-in-time focus to meet customer demand.
The Massively Modular model frees customers from being confined by time, space, and/or flexibility constraints often found in other data center providers.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX (Internet Exchange), customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud – at no additional cost.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Dallas data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
CyrusOne’s Carrollton / Dallas data center is the largest facility of its kind in the state, boasting a 670,000 sq. ft. campus. The Dallas/Carrollton data center at full build will deliver 400,000 square feet of raised-floor data center space and approximately 60,000 square feet of Class A office space.
Highlights of the Data Center in Dallas – Carrollton
- Largest data center in the state- 670,000 sq. ft. data center/ planned for 400,000 sq. ft. raised white floor, and 60,000 sq. ft. office space
- One of the most efficient in the country
- Massive Modular Scale; holds six 747s, 4 football fields, 15 Space Shuttles and 2 Washington Monuments
- SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA
- CyrusOne Facilities are designed to meet TIA-942 requirements for electrical and mechanical.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 250 wpsf with the ability to support over 1,000 wpsf
- Carrier-neutral, as well as dark-fiber connectivity option
- Part of CyrusOne National IX (Internet Exchange)
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available
- Wholesale and retail colocation options
- Flood zone rating is Zone X (low risk)
- Seismic zone rating is Zone 0 (lowest risk)
- Commercial zone rating is light industrial
- Building wind rating estimated to be F2.
- 60 MW capacity
- 150–200+ watts per sq. ft.
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, 2N)
- Diverse power delivered by two independent circuits
- 750kVA Mitsubishi UPS systems; each power leg has a dedicated UPS with battery back-up
- Scalable 2.25 MW Detroit Diesel dedicated generators pre-wired for additional capacity
- 5,000 gallon belly tank per generator.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Modular/Scalable cooling design
- Hybrid cooling systems – unique indirect evaporative with redundant DX – 80% free cooling
- Indirect evaporative cooling units provide best in class efficiency
- Utilizes free air cooling
- NO CRAC/CRAH units on data center floor
- NO water on data center floor
- 35 ft. ceiling height from data center floor.
- Reinforced physical structure, including concrete bollards and steel-lined wall options for security, and bullet resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, revolving entrance doors; biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners
- Perimeter fence.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dual-action
interlocking dry-pipe system.
- 60,000+ office space, common areas, recreation center, premium customer offices and kitchen
- 9 Minutes from DFW International Airport
- Gordon grid dropdown ceiling
- No height restrictions on cabinets
- Helicopter pad.
Certifications & Audits
PR & Downloads
- April 30th, 2014 - Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne Earns ISO 27001 Certification for its U.S. Data Centers
- January 21st, 2014 - Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne First to Receive Multi-Site Data Center Certification from Open-IX Association in North America
- September 11th, 2013 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Says Customers to Benefit from Carrollton, Texas, Data Center Tax Incentives
- August 8th, 2013 - Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne to Build Second Data Center in San Antonio
- June 7th, 2013 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches Virtual Tour of Its Dallas/Carrollton Facility
- May 16th, 2013 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches National Internet Exchange
- April 17th, 2013 - Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne Sponsors InnoTech San Antonio
- February 7th, 2013 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Selected by IT Consulting and Integration Firm Accudata Systems
- January 31st, 2013 - CARFAX Selects Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne to House 11 Billion Vehicle History Records
- August 13th, 2012 - Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne Completes First Phase of ‘Massively Modular’ Carrollton, Texas, Data Center
- January 5th, 2012 - CyrusOne Unveils Plans to Build the Largest Data Center Facility in Texas – 700,000 Square Feet Located in the DFW Metro Area
CyrusOne Dallas Data Center – Carrollton
1649 West Frankford Rd.
Carrollton, TX 75007
†CyrusOne and Massively Modular are trademarks registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.