Houston, TX 77041
Phone: (866) 297-8766
- Key Features
- Virtual Tour
- PR & Downloads
CyrusOne’s Houston West II data center is located 20 minutes west of downtown Houston just off Beltway 8 between I-10 and 290. It is strategically positioned with access to significant and redundant utility power feeds, and access to one of the fastest and most reliable telecommunications networks, as it is located along a major fiber corridor in Houston.
Houston’s Largest Digital Energy Campus
This second facility makes CyrusOne’s Houston West data center campus the largest and first digital energy campus for the oil and gas industry in Houston and a geophysical center of excellence for seismic exploration computing. The first phase of the building is completed, with 80,000 sq. ft. of raised white floor operational today. The building’s total footprint will be 160,000 sq. ft. with the ability to hold up to 24 MW of critical capacity.
Secure, Hardened Facility
The hardened facility is outside the FEMA 500 year flood plain and features a reinforced roof and concrete walls. The Houston West Building #2 data center boasts significant physical security features including perimeter fencing, steel lined walls, bulletproof glass, dual authentication, biometric access systems, and 24x7x365 security guards. It also incorporates CyrusOne’s sophisticated building management systems designed to proactively monitor all of the mechanical and electrical systems in the building.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX (Internet Exchange), customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Houston data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
CyrusOne’s Houston West II data center is a second-phase approximately 160,000 sq. ft. facility, which is located in the largest seismic exploration computing campus in the United States. Like the first Houston West data center, Houston West II is strategically positioned with access to significant and redundant utility power feeds and access to the fastest and most reliable telecommunications networks.
Highlights of the Data Center in Houston West – II
- Will support up to 160,000 sq. ft. data center / 80,000 sq. ft. of raised white floor
- SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA, TIA 942 Class 4
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 200 wpsf with the ability to supportover 1,000 wpsf
- Efficient, divisible floor plates
- Extra layer of physical security including hurricane shutters, extra diesel on-site, outside of flood zone
- Carrier-neutral and part of CyrusOne Texas IX (Internet Exchange)
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available.
- Can accommodate up to 24MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, 2N)
- Dual input PDUs with static transfer switches
- 2.25 MW Dedicated Diesel generators
- 5,000 gallon belly tanks at each generator.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stultz 100-ton CRAH units with electronically commutated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly efficient multiple 500 ton Trane chillers with fast restart and adaptive controlled
- Ability to scale as density increases.
- Reinforced physical structure, including concrete bollards and steel-lined wall options for security, and bullet resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, revolving entrance doors; biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dual-action interlocking dry-pipe system.
- Centrally located to dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities.
Certifications & Audits
PR & Downloads
- April 30th, 2014 - Global Colocation Solutions Provider CyrusOne Earns ISO 27001 Certification for its U.S. Data Centers
- April 16th, 2014 - Global Colocation Solutions Services Provider CyrusOne Commissions Two New Data Halls at Houston West Data Center
- June 20th, 2013 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Commissions New Data Center Space in Houston
- May 16th, 2013 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches National Internet Exchange
- July 18th, 2014 - Global Data Center Services Provider CyrusOne Launches Virtual Tour of Houston West II Data Center