CyrusOne’s Houston West Building #3 data center is located 20 minutes west of downtown Houston just off Beltway 8 between I-10 and 290. It is strategically positioned with access to significant and redundant utility power feeds, and access to one of the fastest and most reliable telecommunications networks, as it is located along a major fiber corridor in Houston.
Houston’s Largest Digital Energy Campus
CyrusOne’s third expansion project will make the Houston West data center site the largest and first digital energy campus for the oil and gas industry in Houston and a geophysical center of excellence for seismic exploration computing.
The campus will create an ecosystem to help facilitate the generation, analysis, and sharing of all the geophysical data required by the largest oil and gas companies in the world. The full build out will have a 640,000 sq. ft. footprint with the ability to hold up to 86MW of critical power and the first phase will be completed in 2014.
The additional 640,000 sq. ft. from Houston West Data Center III, combined with the other two buildings, brings the campus total to more than 1,000,000 sq. ft. of data center space!
Secure, Hardened Facility
The hardened facility is outside the FEMA 500 year flood plain and features a reinforced roof and concrete walls. The Houston West Data Center III data center boasts significant physical security features including perimeter fencing, dual authentication, biometric access systems, and 24x7x365 security guards. It also incorporates CyrusOne’s sophisticated building management systems designed to proactively monitor all of the mechanical and electrical systems in the building.
The Nation’s First National Internet Exchange
With CyrusOne’s National IX (Internet Exchange), customers can configure a virtual on-net platform from a multitude of carriers and providers, allowing optimal flexibility and interconnection with anyone at any connected facility and to the cloud.
As part of CyrusOne’s National IX platform, this Houston data center provides interconnection to other CyrusOne data centers in Texas and beyond.
Highlights of the Data Center in Houston West – III
- Will support up to 640,000 sq. ft. campus / 450,000 sq. ft. raised floor
- Planned – SSAE 16 (SOC I type II), PCI DSS (sec 9 & 12), HIPAA, ISO 27001, FISMA, TIA 942 Class 4
- High Performance Computing (HPC) capable, supports 200 wpsf with the ability to supportover 1,000 wpsf
- Efficient, divisible floor plates
- Extra layer of physical security including hurricane shutters, impact resistant glazing, extradiesel on-site, outside of flood zone
- Carrier-neutral and part of CyrusOne IX (Internet Exchange)
- 100% uptime service level agreement on power
- 24×7 staffed NOCC and remote hands support
- Dedicated cages and private suite options available
- Multiple shippping docks.
- Can accomodate up to 86MW of critical capacity
- Multiple levels of redundancy available within same footprint (e.g. N, 2N)
- Dual input PDUs with static transfer switches
- 2.25 MW Dedicated Diesel generators
- 5,000 gallon belly tanks at each generator.
- 36-inch raised floor design
- Utilizing Stulz 200-ton CRAH units with electronically commutated (EC) variable-speed fans
- Highly efficient multiple 500 ton Trane chillers with fast restart and adaptive controlled Microprocessors.
- Extra layer of physical security including impact resistant glass
- Video surveillance and recording of the exterior and interior
- On-site security guards 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Man traps, revolving entrance doors; biometric and key card (color coded) security for rigid access control
- Cabinet and cage security options include individual locks and biometric scanners.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) system; sampling air in parts per million coupled with a zonal dual action
interlocking dry-pipe system.
- Centrally located to dozens of hotels, restaurants and other amenities.